
”Rapper ”T.I. back in court on probation violation”
A federal judge will decide Friday whether to revoke Rapper T.I.’s probation.
The rapper’s probation officer is recommending jail time for the entertainer — eight to 14 months.
The rappers lawyers will appeal for leniency.
On Wednesday, when Atlanta police officers had a midtown high rise surrounded amid one man’s suicide attempt, Atlanta-based Rapper T.I. showed up on the scene.
“He was there to offer any assistance whatsoever to try to resolve the situation,” said Atlanta Police Department Officer James Polite.
According to police, the rapper heard about the tense situation from radio station V-103 deejays. After police told the 24-year old jumper T.I. was at the bottom of the Colony Square building, the man simply came down.
The rapper, real name Clifford Harris, is due in court on Friday for a parole hearing after his September arrest on suspicion of possessing ecstasy.
He is on probation after serving several months in prison last year for possessing illegal weapons.
“I didn’t know this guy, I didn’t wake up in the morning to say, ‘Hey, let me find a way to go and save someone’s life so I can be looked at favourably come Friday’,” he said.
“My situation never even became a thought in my mind in the process of dealing with this – it was just something that touched my heart.”
TI had recorded a video of himself on a mobile phone which was shown to the unnamed man.
He then agreed to come down in exchange for a few minutes with the rapper.
Harris told Lemon that he went to the scene after he heard on the radio that a man was threatening to jump.
“I believe that I have been put here for a purpose, and I believe that I have an ability to reach people that most people can’t reach, that I can turn lives around that other people, they can’t have the same affect,” he said. “I think that God placed me here for that purpose.”
The man, who was not identified by police, was taken to Atlanta’s Grady Memorial Hospital for a psychological evaluation, Polite said. He was not charged with a crime, he said.
Harris and his wife, “Tiny” Tameka Cottle, were arrested on drug charges during a traffic stop on Sunset Boulevard in West Hollywood, California, last month.
In 2008, Harris was sentenced on charges of unlawfully possessing firearms as a convicted felon. The charges came after an arrest by federal agents a year earlier while Harris was buying three machine guns in the parking lot of an Atlanta grocery store.
Harris was released after serving nine months in prison and three months in a halfway house.
0 comments:
Post a Comment