Powered by Blogger.

CDN - Content Delivery Network

This is for Pull Zone.
According to my opinion, CDN is used to spread the static content of a site to multiple servers scattered in various places so that the loading site can be accelerated and the bandwidth of the primary server is not depleted.CDN


I had previously seen some sites using a CDN like Speedtest.net, facebook.com, and AMD with its Akamai. I search what is a CDN, really strange wearing subdomain. After googling, I began to understand usability and how it works CDN.
What are the advantages using CDN?If your site is too cramped to visitors and full of content-heavy weight, there is no harm in using a CDN. Site loading faster because the server is deployed to various parts of the world. For example we are in Indonesia, the server hosting that used to be in America, then choose the location closest peer, such as the existence in Japan or Hong Kong. When visited from Ireland, peer location chosen London for instance. So the closer distance, the fewer hops, the faster loading.


Use of CDN also save money on bandwidth used compared to the price of web hosting bandwidth, except that until terabyte or unlimited. For example, the hosting package price $ 5/month get 3 GB of disk space, bandwidth of 30 GB / month. If the bandwidth usage to 70 GB how? Nha, when using a CDN can be reduced spending on bandwidth. For example, the price of $ 40 to get 1000 GB, the price per GB its only $ 0.04.
Previously I've run out of bandwidth because of my many sites featuring the rock band maksude drawing pictures so that down to a few days.Finally I tried using a CDN, and thank God hitherto endless its bandwidth allocation.Assessment of the Google Page-Speed was also increased quite dramatically.
There are some CDN providers such as SimpleCDN with his HotCache the cheapest $ 150/month. SimpleCDN before using the system Pay-as-You-Go, but now changed to cost per month is quite high, but if bandwidth usage is really big, then the price will be really cheap. I never wear it, before the turn of the price and use the bonus credits, but cost you $ 5 to create a CNAME.
Then there is the output CloudFront Amazon Amazon, Akamai, EdgeCast, and MaxCDN.For the Indonesian and IIX server I do not know.
CDN that I use now is MaxCDN.


"So What do you think? It's great if you want to share your opinions with me here  :) " 

0 comments:

Post a Comment